Thursday, September 18, 2008

Two weeks...

It has been two weeks since we moved into our house and we are loving every minute of it! We are starting feel settled even though there are still some boxes that need to be sorted.

This past Saturday the boys, all 4 of them, spent the entire day outside! They were out roller blading by 8:00 am and didn't' come in until 7:00 pm. They had a blast roller blading, biking and riding their motorcycle. They were all sweaty and hot but I think it was all worth it.

On September 8th, Brian's birthday, we lost our beloved Papa. He was such a great man! He was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer a few months ago, thankfully he never felt sick. He suffered a stroke and passed away within 48 hours. Nana, we are sorry for the lost of your best friend and lover!

We started Home School this Monday. To be honest I was plagued by doubt in the days before we started. I asked myself what the heck I was doing, I wasn't equipped to teach these precious boys and I don't want to fail them. Well, Monday morning we started and I have felt a wave of peace over me since! I don't have to be quipped to follow God's leading, I just have to follow! He will do the rest! We are studying South America and by Tuesday all three boys knew all 13 countries in South America. I can honestly admit I didn't know any of them when we started! We have also been blessed to be able to complete everything we are supposed to do everyday! We are usually done by noon so the kids can spend the rest of their days outside playing. It truly has been a blessing and I am glad the Lord is bigger then my doubt.

No comments: