Monday, October 6, 2008

My Auca Warriors...

The last three weeks we have been reading a book about Nate Saint traveling into South America to reach the feared Auca tribes. At the end of the book Nate Saint along with 4 other men were killed at the hands of the Auca's. Nate's wife Marj continued to pursue the Auca's and show them forgiveness. Because of this, many Auca's have given up their lives of killing for a life of forgiveness in Jesus Christ!

On with my story...

Today the boys came down stairs to attack me! They were all dressed, or should I say not so dressed, as Auca Warriors complete with headdress. They did such an amazing job using bandanna's to cover their privates, feathers and paper for the headdresses. Well, as my little Warriors turned to run back upstairs I saw the rest of their costumes! I saw each of their little hiney's running away! They were truly dressed like the Auca's! After a good laugh I sent them back upstairs to cover their hiney's!!


Talk about Creative Play!!


My Auca Warriors...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

too funny!!! They're going to hate this pic someday...when you show it to their soon to be wives!! HA!! :)

Mike said...

How our hearts love and miss these boys! (and their mom and dad too!)