The last two Friday's we have driven to Raleigh to try to go out for a lunch Time Tea. Both of the Tea Shoppes were closed! This was so very sad! Brian was trying so hard to treat me.
I realize the art of a Proper Tea has been replaced by the convince of a drive through a Starbucks but it still makes me sad.
In Japan we used to visit a Tea Shoppe called "the Loop". It was the sweetest place. The little Japanese woman would pay attention to what color clothing you were wearing and your tea was always served in a cup that matched you. It was the coolest thing. Oh, what I wouldn't give to visit "The Loop" once more.
In England I was introduced to High Tea. My favorite place was Emily's Tea Room. It was the tiniest little tea room tucked away in our neighboring village. I believe the entire place seated 12. Emily made the most amazing sandwiches, cakes and scones. My dearest friends took me there for my going away! Oh, I would love to go to Emily's one more time, too!
When I started the post I really had no intention of going down memory lane and dragging you with me... but I did! haha
I guess I will have to throw a proper Tea Party for my family sometime in the next few weeks! I certainly have enough supplies to host it myself. Between Japan and England I have over 50 cups and numerous tea pots.
The Things That Howl In The Night
1 day ago
3 comments:
I love tea so I would love to visit these shops! They sound awesome! Hope you get your tea time soon. :)
There was a tea shop in Cambridge that I used to go too all the time, I think it isn't there anymore. But the 6 years we lived there, I went often taking loads of peeps with me in tow! I sure miss many aspects of England.
I work at Starbucks you know, and nothing beats how they do things in England... Nothing!
e.
i would love to have tea with you in japan again...i'd settle just for seeing you sometime this decade!!!
Post a Comment